- Mayor’s Office -Mayor Ronald E. Ehrbar
- Village of Kelleys Island
P.O.Box 469, 121 Addison Street
- Kelleys Island, Ohio 43438
- (419) 746-2535 fax: (419) 746-9595
December 16, 2020
As we close out December, I’m happy to announce two new developments to the island’s health and safety infrastructure. First, we have appointed Russell Maust to serve as our Kelleys Island EMS Administrator. Additionally, MetroHealth Life Flight will handle emergency air transport.
What does this mean for Kelleys Island?
- MetroHealth services go into effect on Friday, December 18 at noon; there will be no interruption in emergency services after the transition is made
- In an emergency, you will still need to call 911
- In a non-emergency, you will still need to call (419) 503-2508
- The EMS office is still located next to the police station behind town hall
- No membership is needed for this new program as it was previously with St. Vincent’s, MetroHealth will simply bill your insurance
- Whatever your insurance agrees to pay will be covered, any additional balance is forgiven
More information about the services MetroHealth will offer including TeleHealth, TeleDoc, etc. will be made available in the coming weeks. Look for an article in the next edition of Kelleys Life for a more detailed outline.
We’re thrilled to be able to provide our community with these important services and enhancements to our EMS personnel. We hope that it will help you all feel safer and more confident being part of our island community, whether Kelleys is your year-round home, seasonal refuge, or favorite vacation spot.
Finally, the Village of Kelleys Island would like to wish you all a safe and happy holiday season! We thank you for all your support this past year!
Ronald E. Ehrbar